Salary: £23300/annum Excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 23300.00
Maximum Salary: 23300.00
Job Location: SR3 3XW, Silksworth, Sunderland
Customer Service Advisor – Hybrid
£23,300 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Rotating between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor – Hybrid, you will be serving more of the complex needs of our customers, we feel this is work that really helps people. This role will require you to personalise each interaction with the customer, working with them until all their needs are met and any issues resolved, showing customers warmth with a determination to help them.
Our organisation is rapidly expanding, and we’re excited to be recruiting for a variety of roles within our Mortgage, Fraud, Everyday Business Banking, Disputes and Smart Investors teams. Our goal is to build an inclusive and dynamic environment, made up of a vast range of talents, perspectives, and ideas.
We are looking for colleagues who have empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of building your own knowledge of our products and policies, but we’ll make it our job to help and support you along the way. There are multiple opportunities to grow your skills and create a role full of variety to develop your career. More than that, our service centres are seen as a hotbed of talent for our entire business.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you will be doing?
• Providing excellent customer service and responses on behalf of Barclays through various communication channels
• Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit their needs
• Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they feel valued
• Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
• Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
• Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
• Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customer’s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
What we’re looking for:
• Strong communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office
• The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
• A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
• Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
What you will get from us:
• Competitive salary
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Life assurance
• Income protection
• Private medical care
• Pension contribution
• Flexible working
• Voluntary benefits and more
A bit about us:
As a business we believe that by helping our colleagues continue to learn, develop and grow, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most – from life's little moments to the big ones.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Where you will be working
With over 1,700 employees, our Flagship Site, Doxford Park, offers many facilities including a discounted gym, the convenience of an ATM and even a Personal Banker who visits regularly to assist all employees with their banking.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.