Salary: £23300/annum Excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 23300.00
Maximum Salary: 23300.00
Job Location: G5 8AQ, Glasgow, Glasgow City
Customer Service Advisor – Hybrid
£23,300 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Rotating between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor – Hybrid you will be at the forefront of our obsession with customers – and right now our customers need us more than ever. Whatever their enquiry might be; you’ll support them with a personal approach, providing solutions to best suit their specific needs.
We are looking for colleagues who have empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of their personal development, how you develop is up to you but we’ll make it our job to notice, nurture and support your ambitions. There are multiple opportunities to grow your skills and develop into leadership roles. More than that, our service centres are seen as a hotbed of talent for our entire business.
As a business we believe that by helping our colleagues continue to learn, develop and grow, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most – from life's little moments to the big ones.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you get from us
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Voluntary benefits and more
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit their needs
• Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they feel valued
• Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
• Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
• Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
• Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customer’s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
• Working in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
What we’re looking for:
• Strong communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
• The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
• A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
• Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.