UK Job Network
The Education Specialists (TES) are working alongside Secondary Schools in Liverpool and on the Wirral who are recruiting for classroom Cover Supervisors.
This is not a teaching position it is role that would ideally suit an individual wishing to gain more experience prior to entering a career in teaching, or someone who has previous experience working with young people and would like to develop their career in this field. The roles provides flexibility around days individuals wish to work, full training will be given and the roles are ongoing which will provide regular work for the remainder of the academic year.
Role responsibilities include:
* Supervising KS3 and KS4 students on planned work left by members of the teaching team.
* Collecting any work completed after the lesson and returning it to an agreed person/place.
* Leaving the room in order at the end of the lesson/day.
* Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
* Reporting as appropriate the behaviour of the pupils using the schools’ referral procedures.
* Dealing with any problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures.
* Following school policies and procedures relating to child protection and health and safety.
* Be educated to a good standard and present themselves in a professional manner
* Be genuinely interested in teaching/supporting lessons within schools.
* Be experienced working with young people in schools or a community setting.
* Be experienced managing behaviour and leading groups.
* Be able to supply supporting references to cover the last 2 years.
* Be happy to register with TES and undertake safeguard vetting checks.
* Hold a current Enhanced DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £49.37p.
Why choose TES?
At TES we understand and appreciate the contribution supply teachers make to education, and we strive to ensure you feel valued as a member of our team.
Teachers working for TES benefit from:
* Excellent rates of pay – £75 – £80 per day for this role depending on experience.
* Ongoing support and guidance throughout your education career.
* Permanent and temporary opportunities.
* Free Team Teach Training.
* A trained team of education consultants supporting you at all times.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the APSCO audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.