UK Job Network
SRK Consulting have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Assistant to join their team.
Location: Cardiff combined with remote working
Salary: £22,000 – £27,000 Per Annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
Hours: 09:00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute lunch break (40 hours per week)
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining industry.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd (SRK (UK)), located in Cardiff City Centre is the European arm of the SRK Consulting Group and currently has over 100 employees. SRK is an employee-owned company.
Contracts Assistant – The Role:
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Contracts Assistant, the ideal person will be a competent contracts or commercial administrator with excellent attention to detail who is happy to take on a variety of project and non-project related legal and commercial tasks.
Contracts Assistant – Key Responsibilities:
– The Contracts Assistant will support the Contracts Manager and the company’s Project Managers with contract creation, administration, reviewing negotiation, performance and completion (inclusive of client, inter-company, sub-consultant and supplier contracts)
– Client Agreements and Contracts
– To prepare, manage and administer client contracts and keep up-to-date records (electronic and physical) of all relevant documentation and information. This will include managing an adequate filing system and updating contracts data within the current Project Management System
– Reviewing and amending various client contracts (with supervision where appropriate) through to execution to include conducting and supporting negotiations with clients to achieve the best position for the business
– Advising the business on risks within any contractual provisions
– To assist the Contracts Manager and the company’s Project Managers in the development of tenders and bids for projects including contractual terms and conditions, credit risk, and highlighting any financial matters and implications
– To notify the Contracts Manager of any contract issues and disputes
– To provide advice and support to the company’s Project Managers and the Chief Financial Officer/Finance Manager on general project management and administration including key contractual terms, deliverables and monitoring of project invoicing and payment dates.
– Inter-Company / Sub-Consultancy Agreements and Contracts
– To prepare, manage and administer inter-company / sub-consultancy agreements and keep up-to-date records (electronic and physical) of all relevant documentation and information. This will include managing an adequate filing system and updating contracts data within the Sub-Consultant Management System, where necessary
– Reviewing and amending various inter-company / sub-consultancy contracts (with supervision where appropriate) through to execution to include conducting and supporting negotiations with sub-consultants to achieve the best position for the business
– To liaise with the Contracts Manager, the relevant Project Manager, inter-company practice and/or Sub-Consultant where necessary to resolve any contractual issues
– To prepare, finalise and manage Assignment Notifications where necessary in conjunction with the relevant Project Manager, Project Management Assistant and Sub-Consultant
– Dealing promptly with any contractual queries and/or requests from the business and internal support teams
Contracts Assistant – You:
– You will liaise internally with the business and support functions and must be commercially focused; client and supplier orientated; and have a strong background in project and contract administration
– You should have the potential and enthusiasm to learn and grow within the role with a view to progressing within the business
– Previous experience of working within a professional environment and within a similar role
– Qualified to a degree level in a recognised commercial discipline (such as law, finance or business) is preferable
– Ability to demonstrate sound commercial and contractual awareness
– Experience of creating, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts
– Good understanding of key contractual terms and conditions
– Competent to provide professional advice and guidance on contractual issues
– Effective organisation and time management skills with the ability to work on own with a fluctuating workload
– The ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail and high level of confidentiality is crucial
– Smart, professional demeanor
– Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
– Strong ability to handle multiple issues, projects and competing deadlines and priorities
– Ability to process and manage documents using the appropriate computer software, particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
SRK UK offers a range of excellent benefits. These include: Death in Service Benefit, Health Insurance Cover, Discretionary Bonus and Private Medical Health Care Scheme. Support and Training as required.
To submit your application for this exciting Contracts Assistant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV