Salary: £24.52 – £31.55/hour
Job Type: Full Time / Contract
Minimum Salary: 24.52
Maximum Salary: 31.55
Job Location: London
RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR are currently recruiting for Community Engagement Officers.
Manage the delivery and support the achievement in outcomes of the Mayor’s Action Plan and the Police and Crime Plan. Supervise and ensure effective partnerships are in place to involve communities in decision-making and in the planning, design, governance and delivery of programmes under MOPAC’s and the Police & Crime Plan’s Community Engagement work. Build and maintain innovative and collaborative relationships with communities / community groups to deliver more responsive and effective services for Londoners.
Contract: 6 months
Work hours: 36 hours a week – Hybrid
Salary: £24.52 PAYE – £31.55 LTD
Main duties and responsibilities
* Ensure the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime can effectively hold the Commissioner of the MPS and Criminal Justice delivery agencies across London to account via the collation and upward reporting of the effective community/ local intelligence, considered policy analysis and evidence-based challenge.
* Deliver programmes of work which deliver Mayoral commitments and statutory requirements as set out in the Police & Crime Plan. These will include but are not limited to, Active Citizenship and Public Engagement, Independent Custody Visiting, Local community scrutiny and Stop and Search Community Monitoring
* Contribute to effective oversight of critical community issues through engagement and upward reporting
* Develop and analyse key policy issues in relation to active citizenship and public engagement, policing and community safety, advising the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime as appropriate.
* Develop, administer and monitor MOPAC’s commissioning arrangements to ensure that the application of MOPAC funds effectively support the delivery of the Police & Crime Plan.
* Support matrix management arrangements as appropriate working to deliver a range of programmes and services whilst supporting work on priority issues.
* Help to ensure that the Mayor, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and MOPAC fulfil their legal and audit related obligations, are statutorily complaint and respond effectively and efficiently to relevant London Assembly committees and sub-committees.
* Produce briefings and respond to correspondence in identified priority police areas in a timely manner.
* Lead the development and implementation of MOPAC’s community engagement and stakeholder management plans, in collaboration with partners within the Greater London Authority (GLA), VRU and MOPAC.
* Contribute to the effective management of the organisation and the development of a culture which enables MOPAC to improve, innovate and effectively deliver the Mayor and Deputy Mayor’s commitments.
* To advise partners and other criminal justice organisations on how to effectively consult and engage with the community around policing, crime reduction and community matters.
* The post holder will be required to help build and maintain effective working relationships across the GLA family, partner agencies and their representative bodies, the Metropolitan Police and statutory and third sector partners, as well as local communities and community leaders.
* The post-holder will also be required to manage and support volunteer engagement and programme delivery.
* Experience of delivering successful and innovative Community Engagement work/projects across the criminal justice system.
* Experience of effective programme and partnership management and policy development and implementation.
* Exceptional ability to build relationships with, listen to, influence and negotiate with stakeholders, communities and partners.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer