UK Job Network
Salary: £288 per Day / £30k pro rata
Pension: 3% employer and 5% employee pension contribution
Contract Type: 2.5 days per week, fixed Term – January 2022 – December 2022
Holiday: 25 days/year pro rata, plus public holidays
Place of Work: Remote, with in-person meetings. UK-based
Closing Date: 5pm, 14 January 2022
Process: Select candidates will be invited to interview by COP 17 January 2022
Interviews to take place on the 18 and 19 January 2022.
Community is at the heart of the very mission and concept of The World Reimagined:
* Honouring the work of the countless people, organisations and communities who have been doing the powerful, often unheralded, work of making racial justice a reality and bringing this history into the light.
* Supporting, building and encouraging meaningful connections and dialogue between peoples and communities.
* Growing the community of people who are committed to taking action to make racial justice a reality by engaging those who have not connected with the work of racial justice before.
For The World Reimagined to be effective and truly speak to people, it’s vital that The World Reimagined is and feels of the communities in which it takes place – deeply connected both to the people and organisations who have done such meaningful work on racial justice – and those communities who might not have taken part in these conversations before.
We approach our task with humility, conscious of the responsibility of doing justice to the history – and all of the lives it represents.
Through our Community Programme (which is brought into all of our work), we hope to work with the many people and organisations who have done and are doing powerful work for racial justice – with their expertise, experience and perspective. The World Reimagined will be a platform that serves to honour, celebrate and share that work in a new way, prioritising open, respectful collaboration.
We are now looking for a brilliant person in each of our host cities to join us as our Community Coordinator.
At this key moment for racial justice in our society and across the world, this is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in honouring and sharing the work of those who make racial justice a reality every day – and inviting more people to join and support their work into the future
Reporting to the Senior Community Programme Manager, the role will focus on coordinating the delivery of the Inspired By programme in your host city, as you:
* Build strong working relationships with community leaders and organisations across your host city as you support them in delivering their own events and activities.
* Organise and manage a series of in-person workshops to connect and add value for community organisations, leading to the co-development of a best practice toolkit.
* Manage a small grants-programme for community organisations in your host city.
* Work with our marketing team to ensure we effectively promote, honour and share the work of community organisations across our channels.
* Connect with the other seven Community Coordinators to ensure we build a national community of support and engagement.
* Engage with the broader The World Reimagined programme streams to create opportunities for meaningful, mutually beneficial connection for community organisations.
* Ensure the effective administration of this project within the broader The World Reimagined programme, including budgeting and evaluation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a person with substantial experience in developing and delivering community engagement programmes, demonstrating a particular engagement with the themes of The World Reimagined. They’ll be able to hit the ground running by matching their ability to build a broad variety of relationships with the capacity to take in and process a lot of information quickly and thoughtfully.
The following will be assets for this role:
* A keen interest and understanding of the history and themes to which The World Reimagined speaks;
* A proven track record and ability to work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, especially in community settings;
* Deep familiarity with on-the-ground community engagement work, with particular knowledge of their host city’s communities;
* Outstanding persuasive communication skills, with the ability to communicate with clarity to a range of external and internal stakeholders to uplift our common endeavour;
* Strong project management and organisational skills; and
* Excellent attention to detail.
THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
With a small core team and an ambitious agenda, we put a strong emphasis in team selection on values. We look for people who
* Have a clear sense and understanding of their passion and purpose–and that these overlap with our mission and work;
* Are curious about the world, how to find solutions, and – above all – people; and
* Have entrepreneurial, adaptable and focused mindsets to deliver on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.