UK Job Network
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams’ work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
Trant/BTU is now seeking to recruit an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to work on a variety of water & sewage treatment projects in the Sussex/Kent region. Clean & dirty water commissioning experience is required.
As the Commissioning Engineer, you will bring demonstrable commissioning experience and practical skills to the team. Working closely with the Contracts Manager, you will ensure that all commissioning activities are planned and executed to meet the project requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner.
You will be accountable for the efficient and quality of the commissioning aspects of the projects you are working on.
You will lead the commissioning activities, within the agreed constraints of time, quality and cost, whilst maintaining the relationships with the client’s operational staff and an excellent Health Safety and Environmental performance. You will ensure customer satisfaction and quality is achieved at all times.
* Commissioning on various Southern Water projects
* Be responsible for the health and safety of the commissioning phase of the project
* Develop relationships with the client to ensure a smooth delivery and handover
* Responsible for providing the Commissioning Manager with progress updates and raise concerns where necessary
* Ensure the commissioning is to the appropriate levels of quality and to standards and manufacturers best practice
* Demonstrate leadership skills to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the company
* Produce and review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all commissioning based activities
* Assist the production of commissioning plans, inspection test plans and training manuals
* Co-ordinate with the systems integration team to carry out all Site Acceptance Tests and Telemetry commissioning
* Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment in to existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risk
* Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
* Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
* Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
* The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment
* Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested
* Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover
* Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies
* Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals
* Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction
* To assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications
Qualifications, competencies and skills
* An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
* CSCS card
* 1st Aid trained
* Significant industrial electrical commissioning background
* Understanding the importance of promoting a safety culture on site
* Strong communication skills – both written and oral
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Water & Waste Water Industry background
* Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
Desirable Criteria: WIMES Standards familiarisation; Experience of working within the Utilities Industry; BS7671 17th Edition training; C&G 2394 & 2395 Inspection & Testing
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we never discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.