UK Job Network
Your new company
The Royal Borough of Kingston are currently seeking a Commissioning and Procurement Officer for a 24 month fixed term contract to cover a secondment. You will work across a wide range of spend areas leading outcomes focused, lawful and, commercially sound, procurement projects to deliver quality and value for money services.
RBK is committed to transforming how it operates so that it can deliver the best possible outcomes and services for its residents and communities at the same time as ensuring financial sustainability for the organisation. Like other borough’s the COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on Kingston communities and on the council’s financial position, the requirement to transform at pace is now more important than ever.
RBK are moving forward with an ambitious programme of transformation activity and as part of this, have set up a Corporate Commissioning and Procurement Team that brings together these related skills to work together more effectively.
The Corporate Commissioning and Procurement Team is currently recruiting for a number of vacancies including permanent and fixed term roles which will mean more medium to long term resources to help support the increasing demand for recommissioning and procurement.
Your new role
Your role as Commissioning and Procurement Officer will be a 24 month fixed term contract to cover a secondment and will see you responsible for leading outcomes focused, lawful and, commercially sound, procurement projects to deliver quality and value for money services.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects that are driving the transformation and greening procurement agenda. There are always projects in which you can make a big impact through driving efficiencies, encouraging local investment and improving the quality of life & life chances for local residents.
Your role will include:
* Supporting the procurement process for low and high risk contracts/ procurements within a range of categories including corporate, communities and construction & property
* Liaising with internal stakeholders to establish procurement requirements
* Conducting market research and producing analysis
* Managing procurement projects via the e-tendering portal
* Preparing tender documentation
* Liaising with suppliers and drafting contract documentation
* Providing advice and support regarding the governance process within the context of the Council's Contract regulations and Public procurement legislation
* Supporting learning and development of the commissioning community in Kingston
Some of the key projects that the team are leading on include:
* Developing flexible frameworks for Homecare and Reablement and Supported Living adult social care services over the next 7 years
* Recommissioning Green Spaces via a competitive dialogue procedure, trialling the new RBK social value framework
* Recommissioning Total Facilities & Property Management in 2021/22 that includes hard and soft FM services, management services, minor works and associated professional services, capital construction and associated professional services and Utilities
* Successfully tendered a joint street lighting contract under the open OJEU procedures for a period of 10 years on behalf of Shared Environmental Services for RBK and LB Sutton. This contract will have significant energy- saving benefits as part of the rollout of LED street lighting.
* Tendering for a Change Partner to deliver a proof of concept for Technology Enabled Care in long term packages and to define the Kingston TEC Offer, which will transform the way the services are delivered in the future
* Procuring a joint Schools Meals contract for RBk and LB Richmond on behalf of Achieving for Children that will be utilised by 31 Richmond and 18 Kingston schools.
What you'll need to succeed
For this role, you will need to demonstrate experience in procurement which has covered the end to end tendering process. Your experience will ideally be from the public sector and you will be politically astute and able to build high levels of credibility.
You will have strong stakeholder management skills able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at varying levels and be able to make an impact quickly.
You will ideally have completed or be working towards a degree or relevant professional qualification, preferably Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
What you'll get in return
It is a great time to join the Council as they have embarked on a transformational programme "Seizing the Moment, Shaping the Future", that will reshape their physical workspace and organisational culture. The Corporate Commissioning & procurement provides leadership that will help the Council deliver a challenging but exciting procurement programme.
As an organisation, Royal Borough of Kingston value and nurture talent and are committed to helping you fulfil your potential. They offer a supportive, friendly and collaborative environment to grow and develop your career and skills.
Flexible and agile working arrangements are available including the flexibility to work from home in some capacity long term.
Employees have access to a wide range of benefits, some of which include:
* 26 days annual leave – in addition you will receive 8 statutory bank holidays
* Local government pension scheme
* Interest free season loan ticket
* Car parking scheme
* Cycle to work and Zip Car Scheme
* Discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres
* Comprehensive Learning and Development programme
* A forward thinking and networked organisation where employee’s views are valued
* Modern and flexible working environment allowing employees to benefit from agile working practices and technologies which enables streamlined, collaborative and flexible working.
The salary bracket for this role is £29,766 – £37,842
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV