UK Job Network
We are working with a tier 1 engineering and construction organisation who are working on prestigious and lucrative project across the North West and Merseyside. They are expanding their permanent work force in the region and are looking for an pro active and innovative Commercial Manager to join the business.
* To put in place the tools, processes and procedures to enable the robust management, control and reporting of contractual, commercial and financial aspects of the project, minimising the cost of construction whilst maximising the contract value.
* Ensuring that applications for payment are robust, substantiated, made on time and settled on time.
* To put in place a process for the approval of supply chain partners, issuing of supply chain contracts, measuring performance and quality of supply chain elements of the delivery and approving supply chain applications for payment.
* To provide a mechanism for management of the Contract Change Control process
* Responsible for putting in place the mechanism for management, control and reporting of all commercial and financial aspects of the project with a strong focus on budgetary control, accurate cost reporting and robust cost to complete forecast.
* Responsible for all aspects of supply chain management including supplier approval, preparation and issue of supply chain contracts, setting of payment terms, ensuring compliance to contract, quality and performance requirements, processing, challenging and agreeing supply chain applications for payment.
* Responsible for monitoring and control of the commercial impacts of risk and opportunity, working closely with the Planning and Controls manager to update and maintain an accurate register of risk and opportunity and providing a robust commercial strategy for recognising risk and opportunity within the financial reporting.
* Bachelor's or Masters degree in quantity surveying or commercial management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
* Proven and successful track record (5+ years) in a commercial/Senior QS role within construction.
* Strong knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts in particular NEC ¾ Option A lump sum.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables, Graphs etc)
* Strong knowledge of budgetary control and resource allocation procedures.
* Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
* Excellent written, communication, interpersonal and briefing skills.
* Good interpersonal and time management and proven stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent organisation and problem-solving.
* Strategic thinker with the ability to plan ahead.
* Previous Fibre Optic Project/Highways/Street works experience
* Knowledge of-the region and local authority work
Could you be looking for a new challenge please apply to Jack Birks at PSR
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.