UK Job Network
Voted by staff and customers as a Top 100 employer and one of the best places to work in the UK; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading mission-critical projects throughout the UK. We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join their successful, stable, and growing team.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offers an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
To be successful in this role:
You will probably come from a Software DevOps, Cloud or Solutions Architect background and have:
* Hands-on system engineering experience on cloud platforms using Azure
* Experience with VMWare
* Familiarity with Lean / Agile / SAFe principles and practices
* Designed and developed using Java with code written to common standards including well-documented code and design documents
* Comprehensive understanding and experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines using contemporary tooling for version control, automation and configuration management
* Used Linux as a deployment platform and day-to-day development environment – eg package management, networking configuration etc
* The ability to write, review and assure technical documentation such as HLDs, LLDs, user guides, release notes etc
* Experience with microservices and containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes,
* OpenShift and Docker
Although we would like candidates to have all the mandatory requirements, we can also consider high-quality Cloud Architects who meet most of the criteria.
Due to the sensitive nature of this project, all applicants must be UK Nationals who have been in the UK for at least 10 years as you will be required to gain Security Clearance to SC level initially and then undergo further clearance to DV level.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to help drive the successful exploitation of cloud technologies through the delivery of ambitious and novel solutions.
This role is focused primarily on the delivery of contemporary and innovative technical solutions for the most challenging problems of government agencies. Teams work alongside their customers to help them understand how to exploit technologies to maintain competitive advantage, and systems are engineered for performance, security, reliability and scalability; built with modern CI and CD tooling and techniques.
Job role responsibilities:
The Cloud Architect role offers opportunities to work on leading-edge and bespoke technologies within an interesting and highly rewarding environment.
You will work directly with clients and delivery teams to develop high-quality technical solutions and designs for multi/hybrid cloud platforms with an emphasis on modern serverless architecture (FaaS).
There is a heavy commitment to developing team members and providing excellent learning and development opportunities to ensure that your knowledge and skills keep pace with the evolving technology landscape. The business promotes a culture of innovation, collaboration and ownership where highly motivated self-starters thrive.
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member, not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV