UK Job Network
Acorn Recruitment is proud to be working with the NHS Trust for Call Handlers who will be working as a member of local Appointment Booking Team the post holder will receive and respond to calls from the general public to book appointments. Working to standard operating procedures, the post holder will provide a call handling service ensuring that patient information and appointment systems are utilised effectively to log calls and arrange/amend appointments as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
Call handlers are the first point of contact for the Mass Immunisation Team and are the customer interface for the Health Board.
Call handlers will:
* Use effective questioning techniques to extract accurate information to ensure that the appropriate vaccination appointments are booked, employing empathy, tact and understanding.
* Develop a working knowledge of patient administration and appointment systems to deal with calls effectively and efficiently.
* Use IT systems to log calls and to book and amend appointments.
* To control and take charge of calls by managing patients, relatives, and the general public in a calm professional manner and treating them with dignity and respect at all times.
* Be able and confident to identify the need and take action to modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of patients and callers especially in stressful and difficult situations.
* Frequent concentration required maintaining information systems, booking appointments and co-ordinating testers. Frequent interruptions to deal with urgent requests and cancellations.
* Occasional contact with distressed patients via the phone.
8.00am – 8.00pm over 7 days a week however we are flexible on hours and days so please discuss with us.
* £8.92 per hour weekdays
* £12.58 per hour Saturdays
* £16.32 per hour Sundays
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you wish to support our NHS then please apply now
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.