UK Job Network
Basic Hours – 42 hours per week,
7.00am to 16.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 14:30pm on Friday,
Salary – Competitive salary
To provide technical drawings to support the engineering functions within the company. Work in close liaison with the Engineering team, Production & Shop Floor. Support and provide information to the Quality / Inspection department when required. Establish guidelines, procedures and best practices for CAD data management. Manage their workload within the CAD department under the guidance of the Engineering Manager. __________________________________________________________________________
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES CAD TECHNICIAN.
• Produce detailed 2D dimensional stage drawings and 3D models to aid manufacture.
• Revise and update existing drawings reflecting changes by the Customer, Job Controller or Manufacturing Departments to ensure consistent documentation of projects.
• Review plans, specifications and other Customer documentation if requested.
• Design fixtures to aid manufacture working in conjunction with the engineers on the shop floor.
• Maintain notes on design, tooling and other documentation (drawings, bill of materials, calculations etc.) for future reference.
• To provide documentation to allow shop personnel to complete their respective operation(s).
• Other tasks to be performed as assigned by Engineering Manager.
PERSONAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: CAD TECHNICIAN.
• Solid / Surface modelling and drawing skills to recognized ISO standards, preferably using Pro-E/Creo 4
• In-depth knowledge of engineering processes, materials and treatments.
• Good understand of G, D & T and be able to produce drawings and models efficiently and accurately to ISO and ASME Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing.
• The ability to perform a multi-task job and adjust priorities as appropriate.
• Must have a strong passion for product and process excellence and customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in standard Microsoft office software applications.
• Able to work within a team and on their own.
• Understanding of lathes and 3 to 5 axis machine tool manufacturing methods would be a distinct advantage
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.