UK Job Network
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Cable Engineer on a Permanent basis based in Preston.
Reporting to and tasked by the Supervisor, you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PONs and spine routes on the City Fibre external network.
Responsibilities of the Cable Engineer:-
* Complete intrusive surveys (‘rodding and roping’) on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
* Assess CBT locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
* Produce ‘Box to Box’ & Job Pack Telecom drawings.
* Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
* Testing and fault location using red light and OTDR – interpret OTDR results.
Requirements of the Cable Engineer:-
* NRSWA SLG Unit
* MEWP Operation
* Driving licence that entitles driver to tow cable trailers.
* NRSWA SLG & Reinstatement Units
* SA001 & SA002
* CF PIA’ Awareness & Understanding
* City Fibre Network Understanding & Awareness
* ‘BTOR PIA’ Awareness & Understanding
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.