UK Job Network
Due to massive investment and growth, Kronospan is seeking to recruit a Buyer with experience working within the manufacturing sector. The primary duties of the Buyer are to maintain operations by purchasing a wide range of MRO and service supplies.
The Buyer will be part of our dedicated purchasing team and will report to the Purchasing Director. We offer the opportunity to work with a very strong management team with vast experience and knowledge in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Key features of the role –
• Determining purchasing requirements by reviewing inventories and purchase requests.
• Determining specifications by analysing use requirements; consulting with users.
• Identifying suppliers by researching materials, equipment, and supplies availability; evaluating alternatives; verifying supplier performance record and certification.
• Obtaining quotes by forwarding requirements to supplier.
• Placing orders by negotiating price, terms, and delivery.
• Ensuring materials, equipment, and supplies availability by tracking and expediting delivery.
• Resolving discrepancies and negotiates credits and refunds.
• Maintaining historical records by filing purchasing documents.
• Improving quality results by analysing materials, equipment, supplies, and supplier reliability; recommending changes.
• Developing category plans to achieve best value for assigned expenditure categories and achieving cost savings through substitution, negotiation or rationalisation.
• Updating job knowledge by attending trade shows; reading professional publications; and maintaining professional networks
CIPS qualified (or part-qualified studying towards full CIPS qualification), Inventory Control, Organisation, Supply Management, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Building Relationships, Independence, Decision Making, Control Engineering
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career then please apply
Just some of what we are able to offer includes –
• Attractive salary
• Exciting and challenging work
• Continued training, support and career development
• The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.