UK Job Network
This role is available on a fixed-term basis covering a period of maternity leave. The role will primarily focus on the Council's adult social care function. Training and support will be available, and the successful applicant can expect to further develop their technical knowledge and management skills while in post.
Are you ambitious, innovative, and put people at the heart of everything you do? If so, we may have the role you’ve been searching for.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst (Business Intelligence) to join our team at Cambridgeshire County Council. If you have strong technical skills to extract and explore data, together with proven analytical and presentation skills to make that data count, then we want to hear from you!
Council services are big business. We work with a variety of teams in the organisation to support the operational management and strategic planning of services with budgets of millions of pounds, which support thousands of vulnerable people and the infrastructure of a large rural shire county. These services rely upon the information and advice they receive from our team – so you’ll really have a chance to make a difference.
So why choose us? We offer a variety of benefits such as:
• Opportunities to grow and enhance your technical skills
• Occupational pension scheme with employer contribution
• Generous annual leave provision & option to buy extra holiday
• Comprehensive employee discounts scheme
• Lease car scheme
• Work life balance and flexible ways of working
• Cycle to Work scheme – tax saving to buy a bike
• Opportunities for learning and development up to degree level
Still not sold? As well as a job description, we’ve also included some additional information about what a ‘typical’ day in the team looks like within this advert.
A day in the life of the Business Intelligence Service (prior to Covid!)
This is not an easy thing to describe as no two days are the same! What we can tell you is that you will be working with and supporting various different services which could be adults, children’s and education or environment and transport by;
* Sourcing relevant information accurately from a range of IT systems
* Providing insightful analysis and professional advice
* Helping services make informed decisions using the data and analysis you have provided
In children’s services, this could be anything from analysing the number of looked after children to the performance of teams in terms of the timescales of assessment.
In transport, this could mean identifying accident cluster sites or analysing the transport provided to children with special educational needs to get them to their school or setting.
In adults, this could mean working with data from hospitals, in order to understand why people are unable to be discharged.
So, a typical day might be concluding a report that you’ve been working on for the Head of Service about schools data, a meeting with a team of analysts regarding a new piece of work and accessing our databases for an unscheduled piece of work about teacher numbers. A varied and rewarding day, working within a great team, and all sandwiched together with tea, coffee and biscuits!
We’re looking for resilient people who have;
* The technical skills to extract and manipulate complex datasets from a range of national and local IT systems
* The aptitude to support our customers with the information they need (which isn’t always what they say they want!)
* A thirst to learn new analytical techniques and a curiosity about the way the Council supports the local community
* A continual desire to improve team performance and the way Council services are delivered
Register your CV and be found by over 10,00+ companies who are hiring today – Submit CV