UK Job Network
Business Development Manager – Builders Merchant – Portsmouth
To assist the Business Unit in the acquisition and development of new accounts and to ensure that any lapsed or dormant accounts are re-activated; working with all functions within sales to develop and leverage the scale of the Business Unit.
* Find and develop new business via cold calling, lead follow ups, and general customer interaction.
* Support customers with the on-boarding of their new account, ensuring that they start and continue to spend.
* Work with the branch teams on agreeing and setting new terms of trade for any new accounts
* Target dormant & lapsed accounts to reactivate them
* Simplify the customer experience by ensuring close management of the accounts opened
* Sustain customer relationships to ensure repeat business and develop an established portfolio
* Work with all functions and branch teams to ensure that all opportunities are leveraged
Qualifications / Technical Skills
* Literate and numerate
* Problem solving
* Territory planning – desirable
Experience and Knowledge
* Held customer facing roles
* Digital tools and systems
* Sales accountability – desirable
* Execution of sales plans and campaigns – desirable
* Cross-functional working – desirable
* Sourcing & developing new business – desirable
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.