UK Job Network
Did you know, a career in social care is fantastically rewarding and gives you the chance to meet great people and be part of something truly amazing, are you naturally chatty, caring and keen to make a difference? Why not consider a Career with Aspirations Care?
Our people need you to support them to live their best life.
As a Support Worker, you will be working as part of a team providing support for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health issues and autism. You will help some amazing people achieve their dreams.
We value the personal skills and interests you can bring to the role and to the lives of the people we support, such as: sports, arts and crafts, music, and cooking to name but a few.
As a bank worker, you will be covering our staff teams during periods of absence or holidays, you can pick and chose which shifts you can do which will include days, nights or weekends. Previous experience, whilst desirable, is not necessary – what we need most from you is a genuine desire to support individuals in their recovery and a can-do attitude, we will provide all the training.
There is no typical day but you may be:
* Helping with the challenges of everyday life such as dressing, cooking and general house hold tasks.
* Participate in hobbies, supporting with social engagements and enabling our people to live their best life.
* Encourage our people to live an independent life within their own home and the local community.
* Administer medication as required.
* Complete daily care plans.
* Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
* Previous experience of supported living or from a health and social care setting is beneficial but not essential as we provide full training and support.
* You may have also had exposure to the skills and knowledge that we are looking for through caring for loved ones or through voluntary work.
* Passionate about care and want to make a difference
* A positive and caring nature
* Energetic and understanding
* Ability to handle sometimes difficult situations and be resilient.
* A good sense of humour
* Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
* Commitment to ongoing learning and development
* Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2 and 3
* CPD Accredited induction.
* 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Annual Employee recognition and reward schemes
* Optional overtime
* Opportunities for career progression
* Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7 for you and your family.
* Refer a Friend Scheme with financial rewards
* Full and part-time hours considered
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.