UK Job Network
As Associate Engineer you will assist the Group Leader with delivery of projects, with effective use of assisting engineers, maintaining technical quality, professionalism, completing all design activities to programme. You will also assist the Group Leader with coaching and staff training of engineers in the group.
You will be required produce detail design and installation design of complete power solutions for Data Centres in conjunction with our Sales, Technical and Project Management teams.
With a keen eye for detail you will be conversant with all aspects of electrical engineering in critical environments and be responsible for developing, validating & sign off from Concept through to detailed design and overseeing final equipment testing & commissioning.
Whilst you will be a competent & experienced designer, we are looking for a self-starter that can manage and develop resource to meet project demands whilst maintaining the highest level of technical excellence and regulatory compliance and work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary engineering team.
We will count on you to:
* Carry out engineering concept design through to detailed design
* Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
* Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
* Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
* Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
* Ensure Quality Management System ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered to.
* Managing Electrical Design throughout all design stages
* Must have data centre design experience
* Design Coordination with other stakeholders & disciplines
* Wide experience of critical systems power engineering and multiples levels of resilience including earthing, HV and LV protection systems.
* UPS and standby system experience
* Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
* Expert Electrical Engineer preferably chartered.
* Experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 6-10 years’ industry experience.
* Chartered Status in chosen discipline preferred, or ongoing pursuit of Chartered status and business qualifications
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.