Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job Location: London
Your New Job Title: Assistant Manager of Operations (Clearing Focus) – Banking
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent in English, operations / settlement / treasury /clearing related experience.
Your New Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Central London
About the Role:
The role is accountable for managing the end-to-end settlement and treasury operations process. The candidate will be required to help manage day to day operations of the bank including settlement and back office functions (Treasury, Payments and Reconciliations/Investigations across Nostros and counterparties). Assist with the bank system application testing.
Covering other back office functions and liaising with Head Office for any system issues. Providing high quality client service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to other internal departments.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
* Daily processing and settlement for Fixed Income, Treasury and derivatives products.
* Preparing daily cash movement reports.
* Payments preparation, fund transfer and issues trade confirmation.
* Perform investigation any discrepancies in the settlement amount as well as reconcile the cash break.
* Dealing with payment requests, bank statement reconciliation against in-house systems/payment instructions.
* Maintain counterparties information and SSI against in-house systems.
* Actively participate in projects for new system and new products launches.
* Covering other back office functions if required.
* Perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Operations.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
* Experience in an operations team supporting Money Markets business or clearing business.
* An understanding of payments schemes (CHAPS and SWIFT).
* Relevant professional qualification.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
* Good skills of Microsoft excel.
* Team player, diligent worker, good communicator.
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Please view all our Chinese jobs at people-first-recruitment
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.