Salary: £28000 – £35000/annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Minimum Salary: 28000.00
Maximum Salary: 35000.00
Job Location: Ellesmere, Shropshire
9.00 – 5.00pm Monday to Friday, excluding an hour for lunch
Salary – Up to £35000 per annum
My prestigious client, based in Ellesmere, are looking for an Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Director of Finance you will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance office.
You will be responsible for:
* Maintaining accounting records
* Agree monthly bank and control account reconciliations
* Prepare monthly management accounts
* Maintenance of the fixed asset register
* Production of all non-fee sales invoices such as lettings
* Submission of VAT claims
* Support the finance assistant with the purchase ledger function
* Preparation of the year end accounts file for audit including Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets
* Being the first point of contact with auditors during the year end process
* In conjunction with the Director of Finance, prepare annual budgets and regular forecasts
* Ensure accurate recording of the budgets in finance systems
* Prepare cash flow forecasts
* Monitor departmental budgets and relay this information to budget holders on a regular basis
* To be responsible for recording and monitoring daily banking transactions and for recording this in an accurate and timely manner
* To handle and bank cash and cheques as required
* Responsible for cheques, petty cash and credit cards
* Liaising with banking partners
* Timely payment of monthly salaries
* Ensure that payroll is correctly posted to the general ledger
* To be responsible for all PAYE, NIC and pension returns, including MDC and EOYC so that they are completed and paid on time
* Preparation of P11Ds
* Be the first point of contact for queries directed to the finance office
* Assist the Director of Finance and SMT when required
* Take part in the College’s training schedule
* Undertake any other tasks as reasonably required by the Director of Finance
Skills and Experience
Our client are willing to look at both qualified and QBE but experience of month end processes and audit are essential. Although there will be a handover, experience/knowledge of the above tasks are also essential.
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.