UK Job Network
Our client is an enterprise B2B agency
They specialise in combining intelligence, insight and creativity to drive customer focused, effective communications and tangible commercial growth.
They apply insight, experience and a framework for innovation to deliver game-changing sales and marketing strategies.
The Account Director leads the client account, or set of accounts, within the agency, ensuring that they are profitable, and growing.
They take responsibility for the delivery of quality work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problems. They will do so through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency.
Working with Senior Partners and Client Partners, they will regularly be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
You'll be entrepreneurial and comfortable in dynamic, energetic environments.
You'll be looking for your next challenge where you can be part of growing something new and exciting. You may have worked as an Account Director in a marketing or communications agency, you may have been on client-side looking to expand your influence.
Above all you'll be a great communicator. You will be able to understand complex propositions and develop communication strategies. You'll also be good with detail, project management and proactive in your client management. You will have the ability to work in a consultative style, not just responding to client requests, but helping them to plan and shape their strategy.
You'll have the right attitude – the desire to build and grow something with their client and be rewarded along the way. Their business is moving in an exciting direction, this is an important hire for them, they want this to be an important move for you too.
They want someone with minimum 7 years’ experience in a marketing/comms/consultancy role. Ideally, they will have experience communicating at a senior level and with sales teams. You’ll have good project management skills, a flair for communication and a good writing style too.
Those who succeed are…
* Able to lead and inspire their team, the wider agency, clients, and other external partners.
* Commercially and creatively astute. Effective negotiators.
* Credible and able to engage at a senior level.
* Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions.
* Responsible and accountable for their own and others’ work, delegating effectively to balance a varied and demanding workload, and appreciates that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual.
* Prepared to share credit and shoulder difficulties.
* Focused on the personal and professional development of their team to optimise their combined performance, understanding when to give praise, motivational feedback and constructive criticism, but also, when to ‘be the boss’.
* Good at evaluating creative work; able to give and receive feedback to support its development.
* Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how advertising contributes to its success
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.